In the beauty industry, one of the most important things to do is to keep up-to-date with the newest trends, styles, fashions, and influencers. This should come naturally to those in the beauty industry, as obtaining the desired look for clients is always at the forefront, and often clients want your suggestions to appear trendy.
Beauty School Alumni
However, one of the most overlooked and important items to remaining current is by remaining connected to your alumni network. You never know when an opportunity could come your way just from who you know, or what professional connection you may have with someone. IIC certainly understands the importance of keeping our graduates connected with each other, as well as with potential employers and influencers. Regularly we receive requests from salon owners or other beauty professionals looking to hire who ask, “Any new IIC grads looking for a job?” Often it is as simple as that.
There are a number of ways that we can connect (and remain connected) with you. If it has been a while (a week, a month, a year, 10 years!) since we have heard about your exciting career, we eagerly want to rekindle our relationship with you. Here are some ways you can check in with IIC to let us know how you are doing, and what we can do to help you along with your career:
- Follow us: @studyhair… IIC has a large and diverse social media presence. You can follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Snapchat, and TikTok. You can also find us on LinkedIn. See us post our current students work, provide tips to succeed in the beauty industry, highlight professional accomplishments, and showcase our IIC educators. From the serious to the silly, we never shy away from sharing a day-in-the-life of IIC.
- Tag us: #studyhair …Show us all of the incredible work that you do. We love it when our alumni brag, and we love to brag about them! [It makes us look good, too!]. If you want to have your work viewed by a larger audience, tag us and we will share your creations with the world…being an alumni has its perks!
- Reach out to us with job opportunities: If your career has taken off and you are in a position to hire our current stylists-in-training, or recent graduates, let us know so we can help you help the next generation of stylists. Someone once gave you a chance in the beauty industry with your first job opportunity. We guarantee that we have a stylist who is looking for the same time of break.
- Attend a career fair: Several times a year, we host career fairs at both the Wethersfield and Plainville campuses. Students are able to learn all about your work and clientele. For most employers and future employees it is most important to find the salon that is the best fit. Let us know here if you would want to be a part of one of our career fairs and meet all the current IIC students at once!
- Perform a demo for us: Got the teaching bug? How about showing our current students your skills by demonstrating at one of the campuses (or even both)?! Think back to when you were an IIC student and how exciting it was to learn from an influencer. Well, now YOU are the influencer, and it is time to pay it forward. We will work with you to showcase your greatest talents. And demonstrations do not need to be length. Often influencers will show their work for an hour or two, but find that the questions that students ask afterwards are the most exhilarating part.
Additionally, there are a number of alumni-related services available through our website, intended to streamline multiple requests that you may have. Continuing with your education and in need of an official transcript? You can request an official transcript here: https://www.studyhair.com/resources/transcript-request/
Do you need to order a replacement diploma or cover? You can now also do that through our website at this link: https://www.studyhair.com/resources/diploma-request/
We will be devoting a lot of time and energy throughout the remainder of 2020 and into 2021 establishing a more robust, and interactive, alumni network. Look for more from us and do everything you can to stay connected and help grow our network. If you know of an alum who has not yet reached out to us, please reach out to them. We are always looking for suggestions from our alumni and how we can continue to support our IIC family…past, present, and future.
To see other hair trends or school related posts visit our blog at https://www.studyhair.com/blog/ or our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/studyhair
“The International Institute of Cosmetology is an accredited, family owned cosmetology school with campuses in Wethersfield and Plainville, Connecticut. IIC was started in 2002 by Carmelo Gugliotti and his sons with the underlying desire to bring International beauty trends into the Northeast. IIC has grown to be the Leader in Beauty Education, specializing in Hair, Skin, Makeup and Advanced Education. #studyhair #iCANatIIC”