Financial Aid

Federal School code: 041524

Apply for FAFSA Today

Financial Aid is available to those who qualify in both our Wethersfield and Plainville campuses for our Cosmetology 1500 hour program and Esthetics 600 hour program in Wethersfield campus only.

All students applying for Federal Financial Aid are required to file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You can complete this form with our Financial Aid advisor or Log on to to submit your application online. A financial aid advisor is available at both campuses to assist you with the application process.

Types of Financial Aid for Cosmetology Students

Pell Grant

A Federal Pell Grant, unlike a loan, does not have to be repaid. Federal Pell Grants are need based aid, determined by the FAFSA results. Pell Grants are awarded only to undergraduate students who have not earned a bachelor’s or a professional degree.

Subsidized Loan

Loans made to eligible undergraduate students who demonstrate financial need to help cover the costs of school. Interest does not accumulate on the subsidized while the student is enrolled at school.

Unsubsidized Loan

Loans made to eligible undergraduate students. Unlike the subsidized loans, the student does not have to demonstrate financial need to be eligible for an unsubsidized loan. Interest begins to accumulate once the loan has been disbursed.

Parent PLUS Loan

The Federal Parent PLUS loan is a credit-based loan, available to parents (biological, adoptive, or in some cases, stepparent) of dependent undergraduate students, to help for the students educational expenses. PLUS loan borrowers cannot have adverse credit history and must meet the general eligibility requirements for federal student aid. PLUS loans are not based on need. They can be combined with other financial aid resources and cannot exceed the student’s cost of attendance.

Frequently Asked Questions

What are some Financial Aid requirements?

  • Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
  • Demonstrate financial need
  • Hold a high school diploma, a general education diploma (GED), or Verified Home-schooling certificate
  • Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a regular student working toward a certificate in an eligible program
  • Have a valid Social Security Number
  • Make satisfactory academic progress
  • Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)

​Where can I find the Financial Aid Code of Conduct?

Please see DISCLOSURES page.